For dinner, we had my homemade pizza.
We went out for a hike while dad worked in the yard. When we came home, we had some rice krispie treats made with Malt O Meals Fruity Bits (aka: Fruity Pebbles). Eva made them all by herself!! It is the first time she has made anything from start to finish. I just stood by and coached.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon (opt)
|1.||In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.|
|2.||Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.|
(for our family, I'm going to have to double this recipe! But still very good!)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®*
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
*or whatever cereal you want to use, like Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Krispies!!