Monday, May 10th

It's Monday again. Wow! The weekend went fast! Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day.
Today for Eva's snack I packed: apples (with a little Fruit Fresh to prevent them from browning), finger jello, pretzels, string cheese, strawberry go-gurt (finally free of high fructose!) and carrots.
For Gerald, I packed for breakfast: regular frosted flakes, milk, sliced bananas.  For his lunch, he had one more frozen leftover to use.

Breakfast:  Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Lunch:  Leftovers
Dinner: Trinadad Chicken

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for 4


3 1/2 cups water
2 cups  Quick Oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vietnamese cinnamon
3 tblspn brown sugar
1 snack cup applesauce

Pour water into pot and bring to a boil.
Add the rest of the ingrediants. Let cook at a boil for 3 mins or until the consistancy you like your oatmeal.
(Note to self: add 2 more servings as Eddie ate mine!! lol)

The next time I make oatmeal, I am going to try the pb & j topping. For more topping ideas, vist Quaker Oats.

Trinidad Chicken
Sorry, forgot to take a picture, but boy was it good!! I sprinkled my latest seasoning blend from Penzy's Spice, Trinidad Style Lemon-Garlic Marinade.  I sprayed a cookie sheet with Pam, then sprinkled (liberally) the spice blend all over some chicken breasts (with bone and skin on). Then I drizzled some EVOO over the breasts. While I was doing this, I had turned my oven on Broil - Hi. My oven rack was in the middle of my oven when I put the chicken in. I broiled them for 15 mins ribs up, then I flipped them over, reseasoned, redrizzled, and cook them another 12 min's (they were kind of thick and took awhile to get up to 180 degrees).  I served it with bow tie pasta and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment