Well it's Monday, and a cold rainy Monday at that. Also, Eva stayed home from school sick, so I didn't have a lot of time to make dinner. Chili seemed to be the perfect meal for today.  For the kids, I put cut up hot dogs on top of their chili, then shredded cheddar cheese. They LOVE it that way. I got the recipe idea from Campbell's Soup, but I merged several recipes together.

2-Bean Chili
Idea From: Campbell's Kitchen

Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 minutes  Serves: 6

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cans Campbell's® Tomato Soup
2 cups beef broth
1 can (about 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups elbow or shell macaroni
Toppings: 
Sour cream
Sliced green onion
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Chopped tomato

Directions:

1.  Cook the beef, green pepper, onion, chili powder and black pepper in a 10-inch skillet until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat.  Pour off any fat.
2. Stir the tomato juice, broth and beans in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
3. Top the beef mixture with the sour cream, green onions, cheese and tomato before serving.

Breakfast:  Well, I slept in late this morning, so the triplets didn't sit down for breakfast until 10am, so I made them eggs with burritos.  They were pretty happy and I've never seen them eat so fast!


Afternoon Snack:  I did animal crackers with orange juice. There are a lot of people sick out there, so I figured orange juice would be a good idea! And they really haven't been eating a lot lately, so I'm afraid the "cold cooties" might be lurking in their little bodies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment