Tuesdays are the day that I have to have something ready when we come home from Eva's Musical Acting Class.  Didn't have many ideas until, while digging through the pantry, I found a jumbo can of French's Fried Onion Rings! Oh yeah, we're having their Onion Chicken for dinner tonight.  I have extra mashed potatoes from Sunday's dinner (I made extra so I would have them on hand) and veggies only take around 6 mins in the microwave, so I was set for dinner.  I made the chicken while the trips were at school. Then I let it cool and placed it in the fridge.  When we came home, I put a bag of green beans and a couple of tablespoons water into my micro steamer from Pampered Chef  (if you don't have one of these, GET ONE!!) Green Beans take a littler longer, like 9 mins in the microwave. I have been blessed with two microwaves, one over the stove and one in my dining room (LOVE IT!!)  So while the green beans were cooking, I reheated the chicken and the mashed potatoes in the kitchen.  That and some rolls and dinner was complete!!

FRENCH'S® CRUNCHY ONION CHICKEN™

SERVINGS 4COOK TIME 20 min. PREP TIME 5 min.

Ingredients:
2 cups (4 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten

Directions:
1.  Place French Fried Onions and flour into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.
2.  Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet.
3.  Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center.

BREAKFAST:  Super simple today, I just toasted bagels, reheated some sausage patties, put a slice of american cheese on top of the sausage patty and put that on the toasted bagels. Voila! Breakfast Bagel Sandwhiches.

AFTER SCHOOL SNACK:  I found mini hamburgers at the grocery store, so I reheated those for the triplets and served it with carrot sticks.  Eva had a pb sandwhich with her carrot sticks.  Since her class is an hour and a half, I popped some microwave popcorn and brought the portable dvd player. So while Eva was in class, the trips and I enjoyed a movie and some popcorn in the minivan.

No comments:

Post a Comment