On Mondays, I have time to make something for dinner, but tonight, I was dragging my heels, didn't really feel like cooking.  Then I remembered I had shrimp in the freezer!!
This is approximately what I did. I used a whole box of angel hair pasta, and 5 servings (per what the bag said was a serving) of shrimp

Tomato-Garlic Shrimp With Angel-Hair Pasta
(by By Meghan Pembleton Special to the Republic)
4 ounces angel-hair pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
8 ounces raw, large shrimp, thawed if frozen
1 can diced tomatoes
Chopped fresh basil, for garnish

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat . Add garlic, shrimp and tomatoes. Saute until shrimp are no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss with drained pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Active time: 10 minutesTotal time: 10 minutesServings: 2
Approximate values per serving: 435 calories, 15 g fat, 175 mg cholesterol, 27 g protein, 46 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 211 mg sodium, 31 percent calories from fat.

I had one kid eat the shrimp and pasta. The other 3 kids ate:
Fish sticks and angel hair pasta
            .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
Since Tuesdays are crazy, I made the rice tonight for tomorrow's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment