Thursday I didn't have to make dinner. We went to a Halloween party for special needs kids and there were hot dogs and pizza there.
Since we didn't have spaghetti on Thursday (OH!), I thought I'd make it today, but with a nod to Halloween.  Saw this at Kraft Foods and LOVED it!!


Spaghetti and "Oozing Eyeballs"

Prep Time: 20 min Total Time: 45 min Makes: 8 servings

What You Need!
2 lb. ground beef
1 pkg.  (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup water
2   eggs
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce, divided
4 sticks  KRAFT STRING-UMS String Cheese, cut into quarters
4 pitted large black olives, cut into 4 slices each
1 pkg.  (1 lb.) spaghetti

Make It!
HEAT oven to 375ºF.

MIX meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Shape into 16 (2-inch) meatballs. Insert 1 cheese piece into top of each meatball, with end of cheese piece just showing at top. Place on baking sheet. Top each with olive slice to resemble eyeball.

BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until meatballs are done (160ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti and heat remaining spaghetti sauce as directed on package and jar.

DRAIN spaghetti. Serve topped with meatballs and sauce.

**The only thing I did differently was to make the meatballs smaller. I have all little ones with little tummies and these meatballs were going to be too big.  I used my medium scoop from Pampered Chef, so one meatball = 2 scoops. That gave me 22 meatballs all together.**

Breakfast:  I spurlged this morning and everybody got toaster waffles. Eva had a dr's appt this morning and it takes an hour to get there and I like to sleep in, so we had just enough time to get everyone dressed and out the door. (I laid everybody's clothes out the night before. I also packed some snacks and water and put them into the car the night before. I also put some books in the van for them to look at, so then I was all set)

Lunch:  I made them burritos with carrot sticks. Then they had a scoop of ice cream. Eva wanted some ice cream and if you give it to one, you better give it to all, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment