Macaroni Monday!! I made Kraft's Whole Grain Macaroni & Cheese with Hot Dogs for the kids, and I made Garlic Shrimp for Gerald and I.

Garlic Shrimp

3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt
1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir garlic in olive oil just until it begins to turn gold, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp and stir until almost completely pink, about 2 minutes.
2. Add  parsley and stir often until shrimp are barely opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 1 minute. Add salt to taste. Pour into a serving dish or individual bowls.
3. Serve with noodles.

Breakfast:  Eva had oatmeal (as always).  The trips had mini blueberry bagels with pb (per their request).  Was all set to make pancakes and they wanted the "circle bread" with peanut butter. awwhhh, how could I say no?

After school snack:  Eva has acting class today, so I made everybody a cheese sandwhich (cold, not grilled) with carrot sticks and a banana (except for Joey, who got chopped cinnamon apples). We played in the park for an hour after we picked Eva up from school, then went to her acting class. I brought a big stack of books that I haven't read to the trips before and they ate their fruit snacks while I read books. They're so cute right now, asking questions, naming colors and shapes, trying to say the alphabet or count. Very, very adorable, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment