Oct 9th, 2012
Kids are eating at school today, so I didn't have to pack lunches this morning! I'm cooking the Cranberry Chicken and the brown rice to go with it, today, for tomorrow's dinner. It just tastes better the next day. And tomorrow is baseball for Joey and Ella and swim team for Eva, so the five of us will probably eat before we go and Dad can eat when he gets home.
This recipe I got from Hannah Keely. Have you seen her on tv? Oh! I so want her to come to my house and give me a hand! I also enjoy her blog and that's where I found this recipe. I only make one recipe of it because my kids think it's "ok". Dad and I LOVE it and since we haven't had it in awhile, that's what were eating on Wednesday. And it's ok if the kids don't eat a lot of it, they serve pizza after the game, so hey! lol


Cranberry Chicken  (printable)

2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 lbs. chicken (about 4 breasts) (I did 10 thighs and doubled the recipe)

Melt butter in microwave, but let cool slightly before dumping in the bag. Dump all ingredients except chicken in a gallon-size zippered plastic bag and smoosh it together. Add chicken, seal completely and smoosh some more to thoroughly coat chic ken. Empty into a casserole dish and cook at 350 for 40 minutes or until done (juices run clear); cook in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours; or allow to marinate for two
hours and toss on the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment