Wow! This was SO good! I only had one child who didn't like it! I changed the recipe simply because I had a stockpot full of turkey broth (and parts) from yesterday's turkey. So I used the whole bag of lentils just for the left overs! I ended up with 4, 1 serving, portions that I froze in quart size freezer bags. So now when I don't have leftovers for hubby's lunch (or I'm hungry, lol) I can go to the freezer and pick this out!

Slow Cooker Barley & Lentil Soup  
(Idea From: Campbell's Kitchen)
Prep: 15 minutes     Cook: 8 hours     Serves: 8 (with leftovers)
This comforting barley and lentil soup simmers all day in the slow cooker yielding delectable results.

Ingredients:
12-14  cups Swanson Beef Broth (Regular or 50% Less Sodium)
2-3 tsps worchestire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
4 large carrots, cubed small  (about 3 cups)
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 to 3 stalks celery, cubed small
1 pkg (16 oz) uncooked dried lentils
1 1/2 cups uncooked pearl barley

Directions:
Stir the broth, garlic, oregano, carrots, onion, lentils and barley in a 5­ quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the lentils and barley are tender.

Recipe Tips:
Sering Suggestion: Serve with crusty wholegrain bread


No comments:

Post a Comment