Tuesday, March 29th, 2011


Breakfast: Cheesy scrambled eggs and ww toast, (Me: Breakfast Veggie Casserole, 8oz milk)
Eva's Snack: Chocolate Teddy Grahms, Strawberries, Babybel Gouda
Lunch: Roasted chicken panini, oranges (S)
Snack: gold fish (Me: Apple slices)
Dinner: Philly Cheesesteak Sandwhiches (S), french fries/Patatas Garlic Alioli, Apple & Carrot Slaw
My breakfast was AWESOME!! Yup, it was "just" baked eggs and sauteed veggies (red onion, green pepper and tomatoes) but it was tasty and I wasn't hungry until lunch time - yeah!! I seperated two eggs so I could make the Almond Cloud Cookies and the egg yolks I threw into the triplets Cheesy scrambled eggs (I HATE wasting food, lol) The cookies are REALLY good, but I needed to wait until the egg whites were stiffer (I'm always too impatient, lol) Lunch was good too. I used my Snack Master to make it. Since I'm not a fan of red pepper, I'll probably leave that off next time, but other than that, it was good.
Dinner was also good and ALL the kids ate the sandwhiches!! Whoo, hooo!! I used the Beef for faijtas from Share. I added 1/2 cup of beef broth, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon dried onions and let it simmer for over an hour. While the beef was simmering, I cut up the potatoes into bite size chunks, tossed with some EVOO and some garlic powder, put them on a cookie sheet and put them into a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. While the potatoes were baking, I mixed 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip with olive oil and some minced garlic. When the potatoes were done, I scooped out two portions and put them in the garlic mayo and tossed until well coated. The rest of the potatoes I salted and sprinkled with some parmesan cheese. The apple & carrot slaw I had made earlier in the day. I cut up an apple into big chunks and used my food processor to grate it and some carrots. I used my KFC Coleslaw recipe for the sauce and mixed it with the apples and carrots, covered, and let set the rest of the day. Ella and I were the only ones who ate it. I have plenty left over, so the others will get another chance, lol. The sandwhiches were easy to put together; put the buns on a cookie sheet, then layer thinly sliced green peppers, beef, then sprinkle mozzerella cheese on top. Insert into the hot oven for about 10 mins, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is as toasty as you want it. That's it!
Today was a good food day. Let's hope tomorrow is as good!


(Since dad has choir rehearsal on Tuesday nights, I like to make something easy for him to eat on the way, thus the take-out plate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment