Monday, March 21st, 2011

Breakfast: cheerios, bananas (Me: Three Berry Scones, 8oz milk)
Eva's Snack: pb on celery, baby gouda, crackers
Eva's Lunch: Cheese sandwhich, salad (lettuce, grated carrot, gr peppers), grapes & strawberries
Lunch: California Club Wrap, strawberries
Snack: pretzels
Dinner: Lemon & Basil Chicken (A) with Bowtie Pasta (S)

Today was a crazy day! While Eva was eating her breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes, I made the Three Berry Scone for myself. The next time I make this, I won't use so much milk, it was really goopy and I literally dumped it on a cookie sheet and baked it. It tasted ok, but didn't fill me up either. I probably won't make this again. Last night, I made Joey & Eva's snack and Eva's lunch and put them in the fridge. I had to bring Joey to Children's in Milwaukee by 9, so I had to get him ready and bring him with when I drop Eva off at school. After Joey's appointment, I dropped him off at school and made my lunch. Having the hummus on the tortilla was good, but the next time, I'm going to add some chicken to it! While the trips were in school, I thawed some boneless, skinless chicken, then poured juice from one lemon and sprinkled with basil. Put it in the fridge for later. Also took the clothes out of the washer that I threw in this morning, put in the dryer, and refilled the washer. Then I ran to get Eva from school, rushed back home to catch the triplets off of the bus, then ran up to north Racine for Eva's dr's appointment. Then I had to bring Eva to the Y for her swimming lessons, so it was 5:30 by the time I got home. I just heated a little olive oil in the pan and seared the chicken breasts. I mixed 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water, then added it to the lemon juice. I had grated the lemon peel before I juiced the lemon, and added that to the liquid. I poured it into the pan, brought it up to a boil, and let it boil until it was thick. Then I turned down the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes. While the chicken was cooking, I reheated the bow tie pasta we got from S.H.A.R.E., then added 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. In my other microwave, I heated up some sugar snap peas. Dinner was on the table by 6:10!! whoo, hooo! The kids LOVED the chicken, which surprised me because the lemon was strong. Yup, we'll make that again!

Three Berry Scones
PointsPlus™ Value: 3
Servings: 12
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 25 min

Ingredients
2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
2 Tbsp regular butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1 cup(s) buttermilk
1 1/2 cup(s) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
2 serving(s) butter-flavour cooking spray Instructions
* Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

* In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in butter until mixture is size of fine crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and then stir in berries.

* Shape dough into two 7-inch circles on prepared baking sheet. Cut each circle into 6 wedges and coat with cooking spray.

* Bake until cooked through and golden, about 20 minutes. Yields one wedge per serving.


California Club Wrap
PointsPlus™ Value: 3
Servings: 1
Preparation Time: 8 min
Ingredients
1 medium tortilla, flour, fat-free
2 Tbsp store-bought hummus
1 small tomato(es), thinly sliced
1/4 small cucumber(s), thinly sliced
1/2 cup(s) watercress, thick stems discarded *
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Instructions

* Lay tortilla on a flat surface and spread with hummus. Layer with tomatoes, cucumber and watercress. Season to taste, roll up tightly and enjoy.

Notes

* Although we've suggested that you use tomato, cucumber and watercress, fill it up with any veggies you have on hand.

(* I just used lettuce instead of watercress)


No comments:

Post a Comment