Tues, March 1st, 2011

Breakfast: PB on waffles
Lunch: leftovers
Snack: gold fish
Dinner: Cheddar Bacon BBQ Chicken(S) Sandwhich, Potato Salad, Peaches

Well, I guess I won't put pb on waffles anymore. Only Eddie ate them that way. Joey and Ella only ate half their waffle before they said they were "full". I ended up making them a ham and cheese sandwhich before they went to school.
I changed the snack for today. I wasn't thinking that Eva had theater class at 4. The last couple of weeks, we just didn't have enough time to come home, do homework, then bring her to class. So this week, I picked up Eva from school and went straight to the studio. We stayed in the van while they ate their snack, Cheese Quesidillas with sliced apples, and Eva did her homework. I brought a bag full of "stuff" for the trips, which was never enough, but no surprise there, lol. Then I brought Eva into the studio, had her change into her outfit and go to class. SO MUCH BETTER this week! I'm going to do this every tuesday!
Dinner was good. I didn't follow the recipe, just used the idea. I had leftover chicken that I needed to use up right away. I pulled it off of the bone, then mixed in some BBQ sauce and reheated in the microwave. I placed some on a bun, placed some shredded cheddar cheese on top, then crumbled some crisp bacon on top of that. Placed it in the microwave just long enough for the cheese to melt. YUMM-O!! Served it with potato salad and some Jamie Oliver's Evolution Carrot Salad (because I was out of canned peaches. Could've sworn there were two more cans in there!!) I didn't use the mint nor the seeds. I also didn't use Clementine's, just mandarian oranges with some of their juice. This time when I made it, I had some coriander seeds (accidently bought them around Christmas time), so I (tried) to grind up some coriander and WOW! did it smell good! I'll have to see if I can find some already ground. It has a bright, lemony smell and taste to it and it really perked up the salad. I highly recommend it!! For the record, Joey and Ella ate it, Eddie and Eva wouldn't. Really surprised because Eddie likes oranges, carrots, and feta cheese, but I guess not all together, lol!! To her credit, Eva ate two whole sandwhiches and actually tried each salad, so I'll call that a win, lol!

Jamie Oliver's Evolution Carrot Salad
4-5 large carrots, peeled and grated
3 Tbsp olive oil (original recipe called for 6 Tbsp)
salt and pepper to taste
sprigs of fresh mint and coriander, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice (I zested a lemon and then squeezed the juice from 1/2 the lemon into the salad)
handful of sunflower seeds, toasted
2 or 3 small clementines, peeled and cut into thick slices
crumbled feta

Just toss everything together in a bowl. Yum!

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment