Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
Lunch: Pizza Pinwheels, Smply Go-gurt, mini carrots, fruit cup, fruit snack (from Halloween baskets!) 
     I guess the pizza pinwheels were popular. Eddie and Eva told me their friends wanted those for their lunch! (VERY easy to make - take a whole wheat flour tortilla, spread (thinly) with pizza sauce, sprinkle with CoJack Cheese and roll up! Place seam side down into a microwave safe dish and nuke for 30 secs/roll or until melty.Wait a few minutes (or put them in the fridge and take them out the next morning, which is what I did) and cut them into sections. The end pieces that were uneven I did not include in their lunch (but saved them for my lunch!! yum!)
     Hubby told me this morning that he had a work dinner and wouldn't be home for dinner. Oh, ok! So I made Friday's dinner today since hubby isn't a fan of Macaroni and Cheese.  Cheeseburger Bacon Macaroni Casserole  is the official title, and I got the idea while scrolling through the Knorr website. But I didn't have 1 package of Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Cheesy Bacon Macaron, but I did have two packages of Whole Wheat Mac & Cheese, so I cooked up the Mac & Cheese and browned some hamburger (just adding salt, pepper, and onion powder to the meat). I added a package of real bacon bits, then I added the cooked noodles to the meat, then sprinkled the cheese packets over everything and added the milk and the butter.Stirred it up  and realized it might not be cheesy enough for my kids, so I added 4 pieces of American Cheese. Stirred it again and it looked (and tasted) good! I served it with some green beans and whole wheat dinner rolls.


Well, the kids LOVED it! I have just enough left over for somebody's snack tomorrow. Me? I had the left over split pea soup from Friday - yu-ummm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment