Sunday, Nov 11, 2012
Sunday Dinner, eaten around 3:00 ish in our house (on a good day!) I had gotten away from it during the summer - too hot to cook all that food, let alone eat it all! But with the arrival of cooler weather, it seems nice to cook again. To bake again. To sit around the table leisurely and talk about the past week, the week coming up. To have a nice tablecloth and pretty candles on the table (ok, didn't get to change the table cloth!!)

Appetizer
Cheese Platter
Salad Course
Simple salad with lettuce, cucumbers, and shredded cheese
Main Entree
BBQ Chicken, Potato Salad, Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans, Parmesan Corn on the Cob, Cheesy Garlic Bread
Desert
Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake

It was nice to sit and really talk with my kids. Sadly, my kids STILL won't eat chicken with their hands, it has to be off the bone! (sensory issues!!) Which reminded me of why I usually don't buy chicken legs! But that was the only "hitch" in the dinner. Then my sister-in-law came over with a drawing book for the kids, so they were occupied while I cleared the table. All in all, a very relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment