Wednesday, Jan 5th, 2011

Breakfast: Cheerios with bananas
Lunch: pb&j sandwhichs, apple slices
Snack: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins
Dinner: Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos , spainish rice, refried beans and cheese
Eva's Snack: String Cheese, Strawberry Go-gurt, cheerios

The kids LOVED the muffins, but hey, it had chocolate chips in it. Kept my mind off the smell of the chicken in the slow cooker! I'm so glad I saved the recipe on Family.Go.com because when I went to refer the recipe, it was changed!! So this is all I did to make this:
Took out my slow cooker
Poured in enough salsa to cover the bottom
Threw in 2 pkgs of chicken thighs
Pour over the rest of the salsa
Turn on high and cook for 6 to 7 hours
Take chicken out, let cool until easy to handle. Take meat off the bones and put back into the salsa. Add 2 tsp cumin and 1 tsp chili powder, stir to blend.

Use hard tacos or flour tortillas to make tacos or burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment