Breakfast: Baked apple doughnut holes
Lunch: left overs
Dinner: Home made Mac & Cheese, Homemade Whole Wheat Bread, Chicken and Rice casserole (A) for dad & I
Eva's Snack: Baby Bel Cheddar Round, Bagel Crisps
Breakfast was AWESOME! Or at least, I thought so. The kids were like, "eh". I think they've lost their minds! For dinner, the kids wanted Mac & Cheese again, so I used the Quick Mac & Cheese recipe for that with Barilla's whole grain elbow macaroni. For dad & I, I took, the frozen chicken & rice soup from Angel food, added some mixed vegetables and two leftover chicken breasts, diced up. It made a pretty tasty casserole for us.
Baked apple donuts with cinnamonIngredients:
2 apples (I used Fuji apples)
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1-1/2 c. of all-purpose flour
1/2 c. of sugar
1-3/4 tsps. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/3 c. of cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 c. of milk
For the topping:
1/4 c. of butter, melted
1/3 c. of sugar
1 tsp. of cinnamon powder
- Peel and roughly chop the apples into small dice. Melt 3 tablespoons butter, then add 3 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Add the diced apples and cook, on med-low, until they are just starting to get soft. Turn off heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Rub the butter against the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg. Pour in the milk and stir lightly. Add the chopped apples to the egg-milk mixture.
- Pour the apple-egg-milk mixture to the flour-butter mixture. Fold in just until blended. DO NOT overmix. The batter will be a bit stiff.
- Form the batter into loose balls (I used the medium Pamerped Chef Cookie scoop) and place in a muffin pan. (If you’re not using a non-stick pan, brush the holes lightly with softened butter.)
- Bake at 350oF for 25 minutes.
- While the donuts/donuts holes/muffins are baking, prepare the topping. Measure the sugar and cinnamon powder into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- When the donuts/donuts holes/muffins are done, remove from the oven. Use a teaspoon to remove them from the pan. While still warm, dip the tops in melted butter them dredge in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Serve warm while crusty — with coffee for a total experience. Enjoy!
Idea from: http://homecookingrocks.com/baked-apple-donuts-with-cinnamon-and-nutmeg/