Breakfast: Breakfast Biscuit Quiches
Lunch: Creamy Ranch Chicken
Dinner: Italian Green Bean Chicken and noodles
Eva's Snack: Hard boiled egg, goldfish, strawberry go-gurt, tootsie rolls
Oh my gosh! Breakfast was sooo good, I had to post it on facebook, lol. I bought the wrong count of biscuits - 8 instead of 10. I, or the triplets, could've eaten another one! I used cheddar instead of swiss because my kids won't eat swiss. It was really easy to make, easy to bake, easy to eat. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!
Breakfast Biscuit Quiches
Recipes by Incredible Edible Egg
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes Makes: 10 mini quiches
What You Need
2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped ham
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. (12 oz.; 10 biscuits) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. COMBINE cheese, ham and green onions in small bowl; mix well.
BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
2. SEPARATE biscuits; press or roll each into a 5-inch round on lightly floured surface.
PLACE 1 biscuit in each of 10 greased muffin cups, leaving the 2 cups in center of pan
empty. PRESS biscuits firmly against bottom and sides of cups and form rim at top.
3. SPOON 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture into each cup. POUR IN egg mixture, dividing evenly.
4. BAKE in center of 350°F oven until filling is set and biscuits are deep golden brown, 20
to 25 minutes. REMOVE from pan; serve warm.
After yesterday's cooking marathon, I need an easy night and this recipe fit the bill. I used thighs because that is what I had on had. I let it simmer for an hour on low to let the flavors develop and to make sure the chicken was tender. I kept the green beans seperate because my kids wouldn't eat them that way, but it sure sounded good. I served it with buttered noodles, which the kids were excited about.
Italian Green Bean Chicken
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 30 Minutes Servings: 6
"This is a really flavorful dish featuring simmered chicken and green beans in a simple tomato sauce."
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves - cubed
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1 pound fresh green beans - rinsed, trimmed and steamed
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute until aromatic oils are
released, then add chicken and cook through until no longer pink.
2. Stir in tomatoes and basil and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for another 3 to 5
minutes. Finally, stir in steamed beans and serve.