Tuesday, April 27, 2010


       Eva didn't have much time to eat her snack, so I didn't pack her very much - whole wheat crackers and cheese, carrot sticks, string cheese, go-gurt, and some grapes.  For Geralds lunch, I had leftovers from last nites dinner, the Zitti Skillet. I also packed Gerald's breakfast in his Fit & Fresh - Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, some sliced strawberries, and milk. For his snack, I did some grapes, carrot sticks, and some garlic triscuits.

     Breakfast:  Breakfast Burritos
     Lunch:   Chicken Nuggets and carrot sticks
     Dinner:  Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

     The breakfast burritos were a hit with Eddie, who ate 2, and with Joey. Ella only took 3 or 4 bites and then she said she was done. I was excited to make this as I found mild chorizo at the Mercado. All I did was: brown some chorizo in a pan. While it was browing, I cracked 6 eggs and whipped them up in a bowl. When the chorizo was brown, I threw in the eggs, some cheddar cheese, and some salsa and just let it cooks until the eggs were done. I took some whole wheat flour tortilla's and put them in the microwave for 30 secs.  I then put some of the egg mixture on the tortilla and folded it up like a burrito. I made 6 of them out of this. VERY YUMMY!!
     By 11 o'clock, Eddie and Joey said they were hungry! So I microwaved some chicken nuggets for them and served it with some carrot sticks. (Ella said she wasn't hungry!)
     Joey had to bring the snack for his class, so he brought in apples and peanut butter (I included my apple corer/quarter cutter).
     Dinner was suppose to be chicken tacos, but at 5:30, I could see the chicken wasn't done, so I had to scramble. I figured that might happen because I forgot to put the chicken in after breakfast. I remembered after I put the kids on the bus, but the crock for the slow cooker was still dirty (grrrrr). So I had to soak it, then wash it, then I sterilized it with bleach water (just to be safe, especially after last week!) So by this time, it was 1:30. Oh well, we'll have it for dinner tomorrow.
     So what did we have? Well, we had Salisbury Steak dinner from our Angel Food order. I had left over mashed potatoes and corn in the freezer. So, whew! there was dinner! I only had half an hour to pull it together as Eva and dad had choir practice at 6:30. They left at 6:20, so I did good, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment