Tuesday, Jan 9, 2013
     This was DELISH! Twice Baked Pizza Potatoes with an Apple Spinach Feta Salad topped with evoo & honey.
I got the recipe from this new meal plan that I've subscribed to because I had a GroupOn for it!! It is called Fresh 20 and NONE of the foods are processed and includes seasonal fruits and/or vegetables.
So, back to dinner. I did prepare it differently than the recipe says and it turned out better than I thought. Ok, what I did differently:
     After I scooped out the baked potato, I brushed the insides with melted butter and sprinkled salt on them (I LOVE the WHOLE potato, but don't like how dry they are when they are Twice Baked!!)
     I had melted half a stick of butter for the insides (I had baked 6 potatoes) and what was left, I dumped into the potatoes. I then added salt, about 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and about 1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce. Then I mixed it all together. I left them lumpy, because that's how we like 'em in our family!
     I used my big ice cream scoop and filled each half. Some potatoes were bigger, so they got a little more filling.
     I had on had some garlicy chicken, so I chopped it up real small and added about 2 tablespoons on top of each half.
     Then I added about 2 tablespoons of sauce on top, then sprinkled with shredded mozzarella cheese.
     Baked in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Wow! It smelled SO GOOD!!

     I was going to serve a garden salad with it, but the stupid fridge froze my cucumbers and carrots! So I did a quick google search and found a salad with spinach, apple chunks and goat cheese, which I didn't have so I used Feta cheese instead. The dressing was suppose to be evoo, honey, and apple cider vinegar, but I knew the kids wouldn't have liked the vinegar, so I left it out. I think next time I'll put some apple cider in there, it needed a little something else.
     Best part? The kids ate the potato AND the salad. Yea, there was some crumbling about eating the salad, but I didn't give them a lot and they have to try it. I think 50 more times and they just might stop complaining about the spinach, lol!!




No comments:

Post a Comment