Wednesday, April 28th, 2010

It's Wednesday - yeah!! For Eva's snack, I packed: colby cheese cubes, carrot sticks, go-gurt, strawberries, and whole grain goldfish.  For Gerald's breakfast, I packed in his Fit & Fresh: Kashi's 7 grain cereal, milk, and Schwan's Golden Fruit Blend. For lunch, I had leftovers from last weeks dinner, the Cranberry Chicken on Rice with Green Beans. (I had frozen it when I realized he wasn't going to eat it the next day for lunch!)
Breakfast:  Sausage Breakfast Sandwhich and strawberries
Lunch:  Chicken nuggets,potato chips, and grapes.
Dinner: FINALLY! The Slow Cooker Chicken. This was sooo good! Eddie and Gerald ate it as a burrito. Ella and Joey ate it as a taco salad. Eva wouldn't eat it at all (no surprise - I made her a cheese quesadilla). I spread refried black beans on my plate, then the taco chicken meat, then some cheddar cheese, then some diced avocados, tomatoes, and olives. Then I scooped it up with blue corn chips. YUMM-O!!


Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 jar of green or red salsa of your choice
1 can of diced green chiles
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili
1 onion chopped  (I used 3 tablespoons dried onions)
2 cloves of garlic, minced

Directions
1.  Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top with salsa, diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. Cover and set on low. Cook for 8 hours.
2.  Remove chicken from pot, shred, and return to juices.
3.  Spoon chicken into taco shells, with whatever toppings your f amily likes. Or use the meat to make burritos, tostadas or as a filling for enchiladas.                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment