ahhhh Thursday. No after school activities for the kids and it's suppose to be beautiful. Guess that means we'll be going to the park! So what's on the menu today??
     Breakfast: Chedder and chive frittata with strawberries and cinnamon swirl (whole grain) toast or brown sugar cinnamon whole grain mini bagels with cream cheese.
     Lunch:  Trips will be at school and I have a lunch date at Tazinos! Can't wait!!
     Dinner:  Ravioli, slow cooked italian sausages and breadsticks
And I solved the problem of my little people whining about the spaghetti. I made an alfredo sauce and a spaghetti sauce and let them choose which one they wanted.

And the alfredo sauce was easy to make. After I found this recipe, I make it more often (and I use light cream cheese and 1% milk so it's not so fattening)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream
cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan
cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions:
1. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

What I packed for Eva for her snack:
an Easter brownie, strawberries, string cheese, blocks of colby cheese, yogurt, grapes, carrot sticks,and goldfish.


What I packed for Gerald's breakfast in his new Fit & Fresh Breakfast Container:  Raisin Bran, milk, Schwan's Golden Fruit Blend.
















What I packed for his lunch:  the leftover Carribean Chicken on Coconut rice (yummo!!) I had a separate box with grapes, carrots, and some cheese.
    
So that was what I cooked/made up today. We had a good time at the park, then came home and played some more in the yard. Really wish this warm weather lasts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment