Wednesday, Feb 9th, 2011

Breakfast: yogurt with cheerios
Lunch: hot dogs and potato chips
Dinner: Crescent Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

Eva had off of school today. When I came downstairs, they were "camping" in the living room. But I did find time to get on the computer and while I was looking through my Google Reader, I saw this recipe from Comfy Kitchen and HAD to make it! And it was soooo good! This goes in my permanent collection!
I had some split chicken breasts from my February Angel Food order. I threw them in my soup pot, poured water over it until it was covered, put in some garlic, onion, and some salt, and let it cook until the breasts were done. I set aside the chicken to cool while I loaded the dishwasher. Then I peeled some potatoes, chopped them up and threw them in some cold water and set the heat on high. While the potatoes were cooking, I prepared the chicken dish. I used two packages of crescent rolls so that I would have enough leftovers for Gerald's lunch tomorrow. The first photo shows how I fit them all into the dish!


Crescent Chicken
(serves 6-8 rolls)

1 (8 or 6 jumbo count) package refrigerator crescent rolls
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk (using soup can)

Preheat oven to 350

Prepare soup using milk and set aside. Separate crescent rolls. Spoon chicken and cheese onto each crescent; roll and seal to enclose filling. Place in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour soup over rolls. Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment