Sat, Sept 18th, 2010

Well, today started off with a BANG!! Lightening struck the transformer in our backyard and we were without power most of the day. The triplets had energy bars before swimming. After swimming, the power was still off, so we went to McDonald's for lunch. By the time the power came on, I barely had enough time to make my pizza dough! Note to self: make some pizza dough and freeze it!!  
                                                                                                                                       
Pizza Rolls

I found this recipe at Let's Dish and I HAD to make them!!  And yes, they were VERY yummy! Eva said to me when she went to bed, "Mom, make those again!" Not a problem sweetie, I loved them too!

Ingredients
Pizza Dough (I used my regular pizza dough recipe)
Pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide pizza dough in half.  Roll each half into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick and 12 inches long.  Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle each half with equal amounts of cheeses and pepperoni.  Starting at a short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log.  Slice into 1-inch pieces.  Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets.  Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top.  Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.

** What I did differently:  I just rolled out one rectangle to about 17 x 11 (I think). I spread with pizza sauce, then sprinkled mozzerella cheese. I rolled it up, then cut them two finger width size into a 10 x 10 pan sprayed with Pam. After I got all the rolls into the pan, I put mini pepperoni's on some of them since Eva and Ella do not like pepperoni. Baked at 350 degrees for 20 min's

No comments:

Post a Comment