Saturday, June 5th, 2010

Breakfast:  Blueberry Waffles
Lunch: Turkey and Cheese Sandwhiches
Dinner: Pizza
Just a lazy Saturday with only swimming lessons on the agenda for today. For lunch, I made turkey and cheese sandwhiches and since it was the first time they had lunch meat, I made them look cute.
For dinner, I made pizza using the same recipe for the dough.  This time, I split the dough in half and rolled it into 14" circles. On one, I put on half the pizza, hamburger and pepperoni, then cheese over the whole thing. For our pizza, I slowly cooked some red onions in olive oil and a little sugar. When they were carmalized, I spread them over the pizza. Then I thinly sliced two steaks that I had leftover and spread them over the pizza, then layed slices of cheddar cheese on top (I was out of mozzerella cheese!)  Cooked at 475 for 10 mins and VOILA!! we had pizza better than we could get out!
Print Pizza Dough Recipe

After the kids were in bed, I made a coffee cake for Sunday breakfast.  I was looking through some old cookbooks and found this one again. I had forgotten all about this recipe and was happy to have found it again.
 Fruit Swirl Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hour 15 min
Makes: 18 servings


1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow (or white) cake mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 can (21 oz) apricot pie filling
1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and flour or spray bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan; lightly flour or spray. In large bowl, stir dry cake mix, sour cream, butter, vanilla and eggs, using large spoon, until dough forms.
2. Set aside 1 cup dough; spread remaining dough in pan. Spread pie filling over dough in pan. Drop remaining dough, 1 tablespoonful at a time, onto pie filling.
3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until melted; stir. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store loosely covered.

(from: www.bettycrocker.com)
Print Recipe
                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment