Friday, June 4th, 2010

Eva had Sport's Day, so everything had to be throw away, ugh! So I packed for Eva: pb flower sandwhich, baby carrots, apples wedges, go gurt and some teddy grahms.

Breakfast:  Individual Breakfast  Skillets
Lunch: Glucerna shake
Dinner: Hamburgers, french fries, corn, and carrot salad

Nothing special for dinner tonight. The hamburgers came with our Angel Food order as well as the french fries.  I had really good luck cooking the fries this time. I put a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet, then sprayed it with Pam. Put the french fries on the cooling rack and cooked them at 475 for 12 mins.  They ACTUALLY came out crispy and brown (instead of limp and greasy!)
The carrot salad I found on Recipes From the Cookie Jar blog. And she got it from Jamie Oliver's site. OMG! This was soooo good, I'm going to make this again!!

4-5 large carrots, peeled and grated
3 Tbsp olive oil (original recipe called for 6 Tbsp)
salt and pepper to taste
sprigs of fresh mint and coriander, chopped  (I didn't use this)
2 tbsp lemon juice (I zested a lemon and then squeezed the juice from 1/2 the lemon into the salad)
handful of sunflower seeds, toasted
2 or 3 small clementines, peeled and cut into thick slices (didn't use them as I  had mandarian oranges)
crumbled feta
Just toss every thing together in a bowl.
Serves 4

Print Recipe   

No comments:

Post a Comment